Feedback Thread.

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Post any comments or feedback you have, here.
Sep 6, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Hi Moschkin, really a GREAT job you performed here.

BUT, I'm Visual Basic programmer and trying to adopt your memory solution into VS 2010/.NET 4 with no success at all. I had converted your projects to that platform using VS 2013 and saving them to VS 2010 (it is required for the team's projects I'm doing consulting now). Unfortunely I'm having sime issues here, as follows:
  • When I load DTIL I have 207 errors in VS2010 as:
    1- Error 325 'AggressiveInlining' is not a member of 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.MethodImplOptions'. DataTools_Pub4\DTMemory\DTIL\MemPtr.vb
    2- Error 135 'Count' is not a member of 'DataTools.Interop.Utility.ResCol'. DataTools_Pub4\Interop\Desktop\Utility.vb
    3- Error 45 'Public Sub SetBytes(bytes() As Byte)' and 'Public Sub SetBytes(bytes() As Byte, [startIndex As Long = -1], [eraseOriginal As Boolean = False])' cannot overload each other because they differ only by optional parameters. DataTools_Pub4\DTMemory\Memory\Heap.vb
and so forth...
It left myself to understand your projects are NOT eliible to VS2010 and .NET 4. Am I right?

Basically I need to MOVE or COPY managed arrays from one into another.
I'm utilizing ARRAY.COPY and BLOCKCOPY functions to handle with it, but they have poor performance.
I would like to utilize your functions to do it, but even seeing your Article at CodeProject (http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/767624/Moving-Memory-in-NET-using-VB-and-the-CIL) and didn't understand how implement it into the Visual Basic source codes I have here.

Could you try to help me in utilizing IL Codes there? is it possible to Managed Arrays?
Thanks a lot for any help and CONGRATULATIONS for your GREAT job here.

Kind regards,
David
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2015 at 3:34 AM
I am SO sorry that I did not see this, sooner! I got no notification or feedback from anywhere about this message.

Apparently I have to look at these boards, daily!

I hope you figured out your problem. If I can still be of help in some way, let me know. I actually just refactored the whole project, and I can give you advice on CIL.